Puerco Pibil
Puerco Pibil Fundamentally, this is the recipe provided on the extras of the DVD for “Once Upon a Time in Mexico” (cooking demonstrated by the director, Robert Rodrigez) but with some commentary from other sources as well. Puerco Pibil is the dish Johnny Depp's character orders again and again until he finds the perfect version. Depp explains to Antonio Banderas' character: "It is a slow-roasted pork. Nothing fancy, just happens to be my favorite, and I order it at every dive I go to in this country, and honestly, this is the best it's ever been. ... It is so good that when I'm finished with it, I'll pay my check, walk straight into the kitchen and shoot the cook. Because that's what I do. I restore the balance to this country." This is a dish well known in Yucatan."Pibil" refers to the Maya method of steaming meats in a pit, a "pib" in the Maya language. This dish is also known as Cochinita Pibil. The difference being that...
Comments
Post a Comment